“The German system was socialist to its core.” I’ve been saying this for years, but Lefties just bleat their nonsense that Hitler was a right-wing Fascist, not a left-wing Socialist. I don’t think there is any difference between Hitler and Stalin, appart from the slight differences in detail of their rhetoric.
“ If Bernie Sanders really believes in something called “democratic socialism” then Bernie Sanders is either a traitor to his people or just a dribbling idiot”
There is nothing to say he is not both, but most likely he is an ideology-driven traitor supported by dribbling idiots.
“The state does not pay for anything. The taxpayer pays and if you squeeze the taxpayer too hard, then you strangle the goose that lays the golden egg.”
Svetlana: you should be teaching Economics as well as History. Socialist regimes that don’t understand economics are soon history.
When I was much younger I was a member of Jaycees, whose Creed says:
“ We believe:
- That faith in God gives meaning and purpose to human life;
- That the brotherhood of man transcends the sovereignty of nations;
- That economic justice can best be won by free men through free enterprise;
- That government should be of laws rather than of men;
- That earth’s great treasure lies in human personality; and
- That service to humanity is the best work of life.”
That remains my belief system to this day, and it is the exact opposite of what the Left believe.